In addition to the basic voice recorder features, the DM-5 can also play DAISY books. It also includes voice guidance to inform the user of menu actions via speech. The user does not have to look at the DM-5 display to operate it, which makes it friendly to the visually impaired as well.
- Text Manual
- Daisy Manual updated : November 2011
- New firmware update, version 1.51 for DM-5 is now available.
Please contact your local Olympus office if you have any inquires for the installation of this firmware update.
- Product Name
- DM-5 Digital Voice Recorder
*Please contact retailer for prices
- Sales Launch
- Mid-July 2010
- 113 x 45 x 15 mm (LxWxD)
(not including the greatest protrusions)
- LI-50B lithium-ion battery
- Power Source
- A515 AC adapter; USB power supply from PC
- USB, microSD card slot, microphone jack, earphone jack, power jack
"DAISY OK" Logo Certified
The DM-5 is equipped with the required functionality specified by the DAISY Consortium for playing DAISY books, and is certified to carry the DAISY OK logo.
DAISY Book Playback
The DM-5 can play DAISY books. Compact and light-weight, it can also be used as a portable device.
- Displays book title and chapters
- Navigation by Section, Paragraph, Phrase, Group, Page and Bookmark
- Bookmark Function
- Adjust playback speed (between 50% and 600%)
- Display all text on LCD
- Resume playback function
Voice feedback for actions lets the user operate the DM-5 without looking at the display.
The user can also have text files read aloud.
Setting the date and time and moving mode etc. are possible with voice command.
Files stored on the DM-5 are managed in a database. The user can search for files using keywords.
Large Color LCD
Equipped with large 2.2" color LCD
Text is also easier to read. Thumbnail images from digital cameras can be displayed as well.
Speech Recognition Schedule Management
The built-in quick scheduler can be operated via speech recognition. The user can specify a date to record or play audio.
Wide Range of Formats Supported
Supports MP3, WMA, and linear PCM (WAV) audio files.
The user can record meetings, or enjoy music and podcasts. Text to speech and DAISY are also supported.
Color Universal Design Certified
Designed to be easy for many people to use, regardless of individual differences in color perception.
As of 15 September 2010, all content whose URI begins with http://olympus-imaging.jp/product/audio/en/dm5/accessibility/ is compliant with Level A of WCAG 2.0 as per http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/.
- * Technologies used, but not relied upon by this content: CSS, JPEG, GIF
- * This content was certified by the following user agents and supporting technologies: Internet Explorer 8 and JAWS 10.0.1178 on Windows 7